Thursday 5 December 2013

An Act Of Kindness

Not too long ago I spent a day off in York. Generally milling around aimlessly and absorbing the atmosphere of the cobbled streets was how I spent the most part of my day. 
In the early afternoon I found myself walking around the food market, my thoughts and day dreams consuming the greater of my head, only pausing to absorb the familiar smell of roasted chestnuts. No more than five minutes after recognising this scent was I handed a bronze button and petite pink pebble.


The mysterious lady placed them in my hand and wished me great luck throughout my life. It was unexpected, delightful and admired.

I suppose the point I'm making is that surely life would be a little lovelier and a little easier if more people knew it takes less energy to have a positive effect on someone's life than it does to have a negative one.


No comments:

Post a Comment