Friday 20 December 2013

Happy 10

10 things that have made me happy this week!

  1. The sound of heavy rain on the roof and windows. It’s been constant this week, and I’ve not minded a bit.
  2. Assisting with essential Christmas shopping. I'm often put in charge of present and card buying, and this year I enjoyed it more than last.
  3. Reading my Auntie's blog. I hadn't known about it until a few days ago, she has now given me even more inspiration to carry on writing!
  4. Getting the house ready for my brother, Max and his friend, Didi's arrival. He's been away from home for a while now, although sometimes stressful, it's always a delight to have him back.
  5. A fruit bowl piled high with clementines. Oh so juicy!
  6. Being lucky enough to have a few close friends and family members I can really open up to when things get a little rough.
  7. Making lists. I'm not so secretly a complete perfectionist and lists keep me organised.
  8. Frank Sinatra's Christmas album - It's less than a week until Christmas and I've over played it. Still, his sweet, smooth voice is charming to say the least.
  9. Handing in my English Language coursework (early might I add!) - I couldn't be more ecstatic that it's out of the way and I can have a swell break.
  10. Sparking a smile on my Mum's face. Christmas can be a difficult and reflective time for us both, so seeing her face light up when I tell a highly embarrassing joke is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment