Sunday 6 April 2014

Travel: London


The day started with an early - surprisingly busy - train from York to Kings' Cross.


We headed to the market not long after arriving. Picking up doughnuts and becoming intoxicated by the smell of fresh bread and spices.


The view from Bankside was incredible! Pretty much clear blue skies and boats passing through every few minutes. 


I may have developed a slight infatuation with Soho. It was completely my kind of thing, interesting shops, eateries, buildings. I could have happily wandered around there all day.
I got a little snap happy!


The sandwiches were to die for! Full of quality ingredients and sold by the chattiest fellow.


Freshly squeezed blood orange juice reminded me of being home in Bari (Italy). Packed with flavour, made from oranges straight from Sicily - I can assure you it was worth the £3.50 it cost.


The three images above are all from Fernandez and Wells. A small but well utilised space. It was packed with locals and the staff were more than helpful - willing to chat and advise, ideal!


The view from the front window of Fernandez and Wells.




In the end, we calculated that our feet travelled around 14km, it was killer and I'm a little achey as I write this but it was so worth it!


One of the many amusing A-boards we passed on our journey. Spotted another that said 'Topless baristas here..." - cheeky, but I'm not sure it would go down too well in Harrogate!



Labour and Wait  - Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to take a peak inside but with all the commotion seen from inside and out it looked pretty cool.


Coffee beans from Nude Espresso.


Everything in London looked stunning! So well thought out and it really felt like people wanted to be there, selling their products.




The versatility of the art and graffiti that stretched throughout London was astounding!


Much to my dismay I did have to return to the North that night. It reiterated just what you can do 24 hours.

I am completely besotted with London. The amount of culture, fashion and food inspiration, coffee, art, writing (and all the rest!) that I absorbed in that one day is beyond measure.

A trip that was more than worth the 5:30am wake up.

 

3 comments:

  1. Great photo post Alessia! Yes, Soho has to be one of my favourite places in London because of the variety of things to see and do there. Particularly love your photos of the street art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's amazing how much diversity one city can hold, it makes the discovery of new places massively interesting.

      Alessia.

      Delete
  2. really enjoyed your post Alessia! hope to visit soon :)

    ReplyDelete