Thursday 17 July 2014

Homesick Vagabond


It was as if you disappeared off the face of the earth for a while. 
You didn’t leave town when things got bad, that I’m sure of - purely because that would have been running away and we both know you only walk.

You should know it was hard for me too. Hell, I thought I’d never see you laugh again, but I know now that all that space was right for you, it helped you find the good.

And now, every time you grin so wide it hurts, I swear I can see the plants growing towards you.

You got your light back. I’m proud of you.

2 comments:

  1. I seem to have been missing out on a few posts! I love this one A LOT! It's so sweet, sad and strong all at the same time! Lovely! I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! All is well, hope you are too!

      Delete