Monday 8 June 2015

Absence, Explained


It's been a while since I've sat down and written freely. There's been a few constraints recently and I'm still getting my head around the change.

About three weeks in to 'little writing, little photo taking' I became disgruntled.
"If I'm not writing, what's my thing?"
"How can I keep on top of it all?"

But it's okay. It's okay to have a break. It's okay to take one day off in the week if it sets you up for the other six.

It's okay.

Somewhere between tired and optimistic I found a little sense.

I am every story I play a part in, every story I've read and written too. I consume every ten mile drive in silence. Every song that makes me dance and every song that makes me cry. Every frustrating, inpatient moment. Every loud and laughing moment. I am all of these things.

And even if I can't write about it now or take photos of it now, I'll be able to soon. At some point soon. When I stop and feel calm. When I'm ready. When my fingers can't help but type rapidly. That's when I'll be ready.

For now, I will make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment